Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook
Frank (Killjoy) Pucci of NECROPHAGIA (4 Nov, 1969 - Mar 18, 2018 ) R.I.P.
Another Metal scene veteran passed away today...

Frank (aka Killjoy) Pucci of NECROPHAGIA  (4 Nov, 1969 - Mar 18, 2018 ) R.I.P.

I still remember when I was heavily involved with the tape trading scene back in the day, and got NECROPHAGIA's 1986 "Nightmare Continues" demo traded with one of my tape trading pals, I was totally blown away by this demo due to its brutality and sheer rawness. I almost couldn't believe my ears how amazingly brutal and extreme stuff this underground Metal act from Ohio, did back in those days. 

I managed to interview him for The Metal Crypt in December 2012. He's a super-cool guy!!!

Rest in peace, brother! C-ya later on the other side...
"What does not kill me... Eh, makes me even more pissed off, you punk!!!"  Angry

My friends in WHIPLASH...
Interview: https://www.metalcrypt.com/pages/intervi...?intid=317

R.I.P.

I'm wondering if I've ever listened to these guys. There's a lot of Necrosomething out there.
Today, I started working with a tribute to Frank "Killjoy" Pucci of NECROPHAGIA, which will be published on this site within some weeks I guess.

A complete list of contributors (18 all in all) for this special Killjoy tribute below:

Tony Dolan (VENOM INC.), King Fowley (DECEASED), Bill Hudson (I AM MORBID), Daryl Kahan (FUNEBRARUM), Mike Brown (HEADROT), Danny Lilker (NUCLEAR ASSAULT), Dave Rotten (AVULSED), Nick (EKPYROSIS), David Wagner (EVOKEN), Fenriz (DARKTHRONE), Bob Bagchus (INFIDEL REICH), Vanessa Nocera (SURGIKILL), Mark Sawickis (IMPETIGO), Clint Spain (KAMIKAZE ZOMBIE), Jasse von Hast (TOMB OF FINLAND), Mikko Hannuksela (TOMB OF FINLAND), David Torturdød (UNDERGANG) and John McEntee (INCANTATION) sent their contributions in for this tribute of Mr. Killjoy. Thanks to ALL OF THEM for their great and sincere support!!!
"What does not kill me... Eh, makes me even more pissed off, you punk!!!"  Angry

Just a couple of additions to this Killjoy -tribute... Cool

Does this board perhaps have any other Necrophagia (Ohio) fans, except me? If so, what's your favorite album from them? Mine is their debut, Season of the Dead...

(04-11-2018, 10:30 PM)Luxi Wrote: Does this board perhaps have any other Necrophagia (Ohio) fans, except me? If so, what's your favorite album from them? Mine is their debut, Season of the Dead...
I've only heard a few songs off that album, but I did quite like them.
Metal Always. Metal Only.
The deadline was reached yesterday, so the Killjoy tribute is closed now.

Up next, it will be sent out to the headquarters of The Metal CryptWink

John McEntee from the mighty INCANTATION wrote a very lengthy foreword for this tribute of Killjoy, and here's one excerpt from it for all of you already:

"I see Necrophagia on the list and I knew there was Necrophagia from LA too but I got that info and that's a good band too I like them, but Necrophagia from Ohio was just when I first heard it. It just blew my fucking mind. I was already into stuff like Master and early Death, Soothsayer and so many other underground bands that I can't even think. Papsmear, all that stuff. Wehrmacht. I got into all that stuff from the guys in Revenant and the guys of Regurgitation that I was friends with they all introduced me to that stuff, so I was already into really brutal stuff. They didn't really say much about Necrophagia as far as them really being into it or anything. Maybe they weren't or just didn't say it, but I knew I was attracted to it and I heard it for the first time, the early demos and it was just insane. It wasn't tight. I guess what I liked about it was more like a vibe. When I heard it, it was just an evil vibe, you could just tell that they are really good. They were going for more of almost atmosphere with their music and stuff than it was. The technical ability wasn't always the best, especially in the early material. It was almost like a Punk-attitude where they got that. Maybe a good way to describe it would be Venom or something like that."