Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook
"Recommend some semi-classic, nearly forgotten and obscure metal albums/demos" thread
Early Priest's spirit lives in this band below...

"What does not kill me... Eh, makes me even more pissed off, you punk!!!"  Angry

My friends in WHIPLASH...
It may not be as overlooked now due to the reissues, but Onward's first 2 albums are some pretty great example of the US Style.  Here's the first:

And here's the second:

Metal Always. Metal Only.
The first two TAROT albums are essential!!

"What does not kill me... Eh, makes me even more pissed off, you punk!!!"  Angry

Ok, not an album, but still a great fuckin' progressive thrash metal demo from 1989...

Great yet underrated Canadian Thrash Metal here - ENTROPY is the name of this band. If you like bands like Exhorder and Darth Vader's Church, you may want to check these fine thrashers' debut out as well...

Let's continue with some a bit obscure demos... this is from 1987, and it's actually one of my favorite demos EVER!!! Total Dark Angel worship here but I love it!!!!

X-Wild never got the credit they deserved, and Savage Land stands as a forgotten gem of good ol' fashioned Metal:

Metal Always. Metal Only.
ATTILA's Rolling Thunder was a pretty cool album (and still is) if you just like to happen a straightforward Heavy Metal without any gimmicks...

Some VAULT for Tuesday...  Wink