Follow The Metal Crypt on Twitter  The Metal Crypt on Facebook
What's the last movie you saw?
(06-21-2018, 08:57 PM)Sargon the Terrible Wrote:
(06-21-2018, 06:19 PM)MetalMike Wrote: Captain America: Civil War

I like these Marvel movies but it feels weird how they are subtly changing the characters from what I remember in the comics back in the day. Thor is now the smartass which used to be Spiderman, who is now an awestruck kid. Antman is a dope and he used to be one of the smartest scientists around, etc.

Well, it's not the Hank Pym Ant-Man, it's the Scott Lang Ant-Man.  But Hank is still around.

OT: Pacific Rim: Uprising

I was expecting this to suck, but I thought it was as good as the original, just different.
OK, I was admittedly not an Ant-Man devotee so I didn’t realize it was a different guy.

My kid didn’t like Uprising, especially the “love interest” angle but I haven’t seen it.
We need it as a liquid in our veins instead of blood
The Iron Giant
Metal Always. Metal Only.
(06-22-2018, 04:40 AM)MetalMike Wrote:
(06-21-2018, 08:57 PM)Sargon the Terrible Wrote:
(06-21-2018, 06:19 PM)MetalMike Wrote: Captain America: Civil War

I like these Marvel movies but it feels weird how they are subtly changing the characters from what I remember in the comics back in the day. Thor is now the smartass which used to be Spiderman, who is now an awestruck kid. Antman is a dope and he used to be one of the smartest scientists around, etc.

Well, it's not the Hank Pym Ant-Man, it's the Scott Lang Ant-Man.  But Hank is still around.

OT: Pacific Rim: Uprising

I was expecting this to suck, but I thought it was as good as the original, just different.
OK, I was admittedly not an Ant-Man devotee so I didn’t realize it was a different guy.

My kid didn’t like Uprising, especially the “love interest” angle but I haven’t seen it.
...there is literally no romance subplot in Uprising at all.
Tomb Raider (2017)

That was. . . not great.
In This Corner of the World

Slice of life film set in WW2-era Japan.  Rather good.
Jaws

3rd year in a row I've gone with my daughter to the local indie theater to watch this classic. $5 a ticket, how can you go wrong?
Until the Light Takes Us

An oddly composed documentary about Norwegian Black Metal. It was still interesting for the extensive interview with Varg Vikernes who comes across intelligent and eloquent. He only espoused truly anti-social view so once.
(07-13-2018, 04:52 AM)MetalMike Wrote: Until the Light Takes Us

An oddly composed documentary about Norwegian Black Metal. It was still interesting for the extensive interview with Varg Vikernes who comes across intelligent and eloquent. He only espoused truly anti-social view so once.

I can't remember if I've seen this one.

Well, no one said it takes a raving stupid person to be a complete fuckbasket.  Sounds interesting, though.  Might give it a look at some point.
(07-13-2018, 01:32 PM)Mjölnir Wrote:

Well, no one said it takes a raving stupid person to be a complete fuckbasket.  Sounds interesting, though.  Might give it a look at some point.
I never assumed he was stupid but I expected him to be a little more “enthusiastic” in his defense of his beliefs. Instead, he put them out there in a fairly calm and rational way so it was easy to actually consider what he was saying versus getting distracted by the crazy on display.